Sunday, June 1, 2014

Trading Trainers

Just a quick post for today.  As I have previously alluded to, I am taking some time off of lessons with the trainer I've been working with most recently.  My trainer also does work as an A circuit show groom, and is taking the summer off from teaching lessons because she won't have the time, but she should be returning in the fall.  I was a little disappointed to learn that I won't be able to work with her over the summer because Jazz has come so far this winter, and she always does so much better in the summer.  That said, my Barn Owner is very efficient and has already lined up another trainer.

My boarding stable changed management almost a year ago (the current operators are technically leasing the property), and the new operators brought with them all their boarders from their previous facility (which was apparently quite nice, but didn't have indoor facilities).  One of the new boarders was interested in teaching lessons, but the manager had already lined up a different instructor (the one I've been taking lessons with) and had promised her the job.  So now, the boarder is taking over lessons at my stable.

 I start with her Wednesday, and I'm really looking forward to it! I'm so excited to progress more with Jazz, especially when she's in her "summer mode".  Plus her new 6-year-old brain seems to be helping out a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment